Feb 10, 2011

My O’Reilly Wish List

O’Reilly has a contest going on right now – so this is my entry…

The ‘contest’ is to build and post online a wish list of titles from the O’Reilly catalog worth up to $500. Then submit the link to your list to O’Reilly by Feb 22, 2011 at 11:59PM (PST). A winner will be randomly selected the following day.

I need to preface this list with a disclaimer: I have purchased many (my wife would definitely say too many) books recently. So this list does not necessarily represent my top choices as I have already purchased several of them. Watch for another post in the near future with a list of some of the titles that I have purchased over the past few months.

Title

Cost

Arduino up and Running: Building Fun and Creative Electronic Projects 29.99
Baseball Hacks 24.99
Beautiful Architecture: Leading Thinkers Reveal the Hidden Beauty in Software Design 44.99
Beautiful Code: Leading Programmers Explain How They Think 44.99
Beautiful Teams: Inspiring and Cautionary Tales from Veteran Team Leaders 39.99
Coding4Fun: 10 .NET Programming Projects For Wiimote, YouTube, World of Warcraft and More 39.99
EBook Contracts: Critical Terms and Lessons Learned from Both Sides of the Table 29.99
HTML5: Up and Running 29.99
Mind Performance Hacks: Tips & Tricks for Overclocking Your Brain 24.99
Scaling MongoDB 29.99
slide:ology: The Are and Science of Creating Great Presentations 34.99
The Art of Agile Development 39.99
The Art of Community: Building the New Age of Participation 39.99
The Art of Concurrency: A Thread Monkey’s Guide to Writing Parallel Applications 44.99

How about that – my choices total $499.86.

Check them out and please share any thoughts on these titles!

No comments:

Post a Comment