Mar 12, 2012

Utah Code Camp Spring 2012

Saturday was the Spring 2012 edition of the Utah Code camp – and it was great! The camp has consistently grown with each meeting. We meet twice a year, once in the spring and again in the fall. At Saturdays event there were well over 300 people in attendance. I realize that is no where near as large as some code camps, but it’s great to see the growth here. The event has been held at Neumont University, but things were pretty cramped this time… It might need to be moved to a different (larger) facility in the near future. Bat as problems go that is a pretty good one to have.

There was a very wide variety of sessions to choose from and each session that I attended was great! I hope that those who attended my sessions were also pleased. There were about 50 sessions presented. It is a lot of work to put together such an event and to prepare and deliver sessions – I want to send a big thank you out to all those involved in making it a great event!

Coming out of the event I’ve got a few things that I was to spend some time focused on:
  1. Play with programming the Kinect – thanks Scott Golightly for a great intro session
  2. Build some Windows 8 applications – thanks Jerry Nixon for sharing the passion
  3. Dig into Server-Sent events and Web Sockets – thanks Jason Staten for a thought provoking look at the topics

As always there were far too many sessions that I would have liked to attend and not enough time. I’ll have to grab the presentations/materials from others off the web site at http://www.utahcodecamp.com/Downloads. I’ve posted materials from my sessions there, and added my talks to my SpeakerRate profile – If you attended either or both please take a minute to rate them for me at: http://bit.ly/mgericksonSpeakerRate.

2 comments:

  1. It’s impressive and beneficial post you have shared here, expecting more from your side find Best Tempo traveller hire in chennai

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have shared all good suggestions available, really cheers for it, expecting more from your side find Best seo services in chennai
    dynamic website design in chennai

    ReplyDelete